Dear CAMP Members, Supporters, and Friends—
If you’re on Facebook, make sure to check out our video:
- October 4, 2017—CAMP purchased the Civil War Memorial Building site at auction
- August 25, 2018—CAMP hosted the 33rd Annual Reunion of Descendants of the 154th New York Regiment at the Civil War Memorial Building in Little Valley, NY
- November 11, 2018 (Veterans Day)—CAMP ceremony to unveil a New York State Historic Roadside Marker at the Memorial site, funded by the William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
- August 27, 2019—R.E. Kelley, Specially Contractors applied wrapping to secure architectural masonry features along the Memorial Building’s cornice.
- December 7, 2019—CAMP members, volunteers, and Dwyer Veterans installed a 4′ x 8’ Memorial Preservation Project information sign at the Memorial site.
- July 3, 2020—New multi-layered spray foam roof system completed on the Memorial Site.
- Summer 2021—Obtained estimates for asbestos abatement work; Building Code requirements for Certificate of Occupancy of Memorial Site.
- 2022 Contracted with Clinton Brown Architecture Company P.C. for plans to utilize the Board of Elections portion of the building as offices for rental income to support the Memorial.
- Preliminary plans have also been drawn up to renovate the exterior of the building.
CAMP’s work is far from complete. Your donation will help to support our next initiatives:
- Exterior work on the Memorial.
- Repurposing of the BOE for income for the operation of the Memorial.
- Continued architectural and masonry repairs.
CAMP thanks you for your support, past and present.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support CAMP every time you shop. On the Amazon main page, under “Account & Lists,” click on AmazonSmile Charity Lists and create an account selecting Citizens Advocating Memorial Preservation as your charity. By doing so, .5% of your purchases on AmazonSmile will go to CAMP, at no extra cost to you. Everything available on Amazon is available on AmazonSmile!